Sunday, January 22, 2012

A Month of Firsts!

Someone just turned one month old!



I can't believe it's been a month already. Part of me feels like he was just born, but then part of me feels like he's always been in our lives and I can't remember how it was before him. This has been the most exciting month though because everything he does seems to be a first for something.

Obviously, one of his biggest firsts was his first Christmas! We were so excited that he was born in time to be home for Christmas! I'll admit, I got really emotional this Christmas whenever I thought about Mary and Joseph. Even though Christ is the Savior, he was still someone's little boy, just like Trevor is our little boy.

He had his first bath a few days after he came home from the hospital. Well, his first bath at home at least, since we didn't get to be there for his first bath in the hospital. He didn't cry or scream too much, but I think he's not really a big fan of baths quite yet. Taylor and I can't wait until he loves bath time and it's actually fun for him, but right now, it's strictly business.


Another first we were excited for was taking him on his first walk. My parents got us an amazing stroller (the Bumbleride Indie) and I couldn't wait to take him out in it. I walked a few miles every day during the pregnancy so I think he really liked being back out on walks too. We were worried though with the cold we wouldn't be able to take him out for a while, but my dad came to the rescue and got Trevor the cutest bunting suit. Kristina said it looks like someone shrunk Taylor and stuck him in a snowsuit, and I tend to agree!


And though it's lost some steam, Trevor also joined in on his first internet sensation, planking. And I am very sad to say that these froggy bottom jammies no longer fit him. He really is growing up.

Trevor also went to his first museum this month. Earlier in the month, Alyssa came up to visit for the day and we took him to the National Archives and we saw the Constitution and the Declaration of Independence. Then, last week, Taylor and I took him to one of the galleries of the Smithsonian. He enjoyed looking at the yellow wall in the entrance area the best haha. We thought since we were being so classy and taking our baby to the museum that we should dress him up in his finest tuxedo shirt.




Trevor also made his first friend, a stuffed dog that rolls on the ground and laughs that my dad gave him. He often has staring contests with him.


Next up was the little man's first Sunday at church. One of the girls I worked with gave him this darling church outfit.




And now, just for kicks and because I can't help myself , some cute pictures of him sleeping... because he really is the cutest sleeper...














1 comment:

  1. I love the pictures of him sleeping. In some, he looks just like you and in others I see a lot of Taylor. What a cutie!
    Keep on posting, I love hearing about his little trips around DC.

    ReplyDelete